ECSIS.NET Windows 98 SE Internet Setup Sheet
for Windows 98 Second Edition
NOTE: There are various versions of Windows and different configurations for each. This setup sheet covers the most basic setup for Windows 98 Second Edition. If you have tried going through the Internet Connection Wizard or have manually tried to configure your Internet settings before consulting this sheet, the dialog boxes may be different.
1. On the desktop double-click “Connect to the Internet” or click on the Start menu and choose “Programs > Accessories > Internet Tools > Internet Connection Wizard.” (Both ways will start Internet Connection Wizard.)
2. In the first box choose the third option, “I want to set up my Internet connection manually,” and click Next.
3. Choose the first option, “I connect through a phone line and a modem,” and click Next.
4. The next screen asks for dialing information. Type this in:
Area code: 731
Telephone Number: 285-8223
Under “Country/region name and code” select “United States of America (1).”
If this is a local call, uncheck the box that reads “Dial using the area code and country code.” The area code and country code boxes will turn gray. Click Next.
5. The following box asks for logon information. Your user name and password are located on the account information sheet that was given to you when you signed up. They’re next to Account Name and Initial Password, respectively. After typing in that information, click Next.
6. It will now ask for a connection name. Type in:
Connection name: ECSIS.NET
7. The next box asks if you want to set up an Internet mail account now? Choose “Yes” and click Next.
8. Next to “Display name” type in your full name and click Next.
9. Next to “E-mail address” type in your e-mail address located on your account information sheet and click Next.
10. On the “E-mail Server Names” screen, your incoming mail server is a “POP3” server. Type in:
Incoming mail server: mail.ecsis.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.ecsis.net
11. On the “Internet Mail Logon” screen, type in your user name and password. They are the same as in step 5. Do NOT check “Logon using Secure Password Authentication.” Click Next.
12. Click Finish. Now you’re ready to connect to the Internet.
Setting Your Home Page to ECSIS.NET
1. The first time that you connect to the Internet, it will take you to a run once page. This is normal. To set your home page to ECSIS.NET, click on the “Tools” menu and click “Internet Options.”
2. The Internet Options box will open up. In the box marked “Address,” type in:
3. Close Internet Explorer. The next time that you double-click the Internet Explorer icon you should go to the ECSIS.NET home page.
Be sure to visit the ECSIS.NET home page daily to check for updates about our service that you need to know!